Academic Posts at Swansea

John V Tucker J.V.Tucker at Swansea.ac.uk
Mon May 17 17:07:09 PDT 2004

Swansea is intending to invest heavily in the broad area of visual
computing over the next few years. We would be delighted to receive
applications, or expressions of interest, from people expert in
algorithms and computational geometry.

Our official announcement is below.

John Tucker

(L8295/LCA/MML)

UNIVERSITY OF WALES SWANSEA

Department of Computer Science

Chair, Reader, Lecturers and Tutors

The Department of Computer Science is beginning an expansion of its
research and teaching programmes.

Applications are invited for posts at these levels: Professor, Reader,
Lecturer and Tutor. We seek outstanding individuals with expertise in
any field, but preference may be given to candidates who would enhance
our research and teaching in our core areas of:
(i) Visual Computing (e.g., graphics, vision, multimedia, geometry) or
(ii) Theoretical Computer Science (e.g., logic, semantics, algorithms,
formal methods).
Applicants must have an outstanding personal research programme and record.

The Department is among only 10 Computer Science Departments in the UK
to be awarded both an Excellent in the latest national Teaching Quality
Assessment and graded 5 in the 2001 Research Assessment Exercise. See:

http://www.swan.ac.uk/compsci/

The Department is thriving and enjoys excellent support from the University.

Informal enquiries about these posts or future opportunities may be
directed to Professor John V Tucker, Head of Department on (+44) 01792
295649 email: J.V.Tucker at swansea.ac.uk.

Chair and Reader                      Reference L8295
Further particulars may be obtained, quoting the above reference, from
the Personnel Department, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park,
Swansea, SA2 8PP, Tel: 01792 295136 (24 hours) or at
www.swansea.ac.uk/personnel/vacancies
Applications by CV (10 copies), which should include the names and
addresses of three referees.

Lecturer                                        Reference L8296
Tutor                                             Reference L8333
An application form and further details may be obtained, by quoting the
relevant reference, from the Personnel Department, University of Wales
Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, telephone 01792 295136 (24
hours) or at
http://www.swan.ac.uk/personnel/vacancies

All applications should be sent to the Personnel Department, as detailed
above, by the Closing date, Friday 25 June 2004.

May 2004