Reminder to volunteer to review proposals for NSF, if you are able

Jack Snoeyink snoeyink at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jan 22 08:15:05 PST 2000

Sorry for the broadcast, but your assistance could help the US-based members
of our community. NSF is being flooded with proposals for its Information
Technology Research program, which is targetted towards long-term, including
theoretical, research. There are two categories (<=500K and >500K) and those
who apply to a category cannot review for that category, which makes it
difficult for NSF to find reviewers for its two-day panels. To the US-based
members of our community that have applied, it is important that NSF finds
panel reviewers that can speak to the quality of the research proposed.  If
you willing and able to travel to a panel meeting, please consider
volunteering. See http://www.itr.nsf.gov for the details on the Information
Technology Research program, or http://www.itr.nsf.gov/panelist/ to
volunteer.

I've included the dates below.

Jack Snoeyink at cs.unc.edu           UNC Chapel Hill, Computer Science
             CB 3175, Sitterson Hall, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175 USA
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~snoeyink ph+1(919)962-1969 fax+1(919)962-1799

Preproposal panels (You will only be asked for one of the following two
meeting dates). These review preproposals for the awards with budgets over
$500K.
7-8 February 2000 (click if available):
10-11 February 2000 (click if available):
----
Full proposal panels, proposals with budgets not over $500K (You will only
be asked for one of the following dates):
20-21 March 2000 (click if available):
23-24 March 2000 (click if available):
27-28 March 2000 (click if available):
30-31 March 2000 (click if available):

----
Full proposal panels, proposals with budgets over $500K (You will only be
asked for one of the following dates):
22-23 May 2000 (click if available):
25-26 May 2000 (click if available):
----
Click here if you prefer to attend panels meeting near Washington, DC:  or
on the West Coast:  or in the Midwest:
We'll try to follow your preferences, but subject expertise is more
important than travel, and we may have to suggest a panel meeting somewhere
else. We anticipate that the meetings on Mon-Fri will be in the vicinity of
NSF (Arlington, Va.) and the meetings on Thu-Fri will be either in Chicago
or the San Francisco areas, although the details are not certain.