Pre-doc positions in combinatorics and algorithms at IIT-CNR Pisa in 2005

Marco Pellegrini marco.pellegrini at iit.cnr.it
Tue Oct 26 12:21:31 PDT 2004

Dear compgeom-announce,

On October 15th I sent a request for posting predoc vacancies. So far I did
not see
it among the compgeom-announce mailings. Could you please send it around?

Thanks a lot,
Marco Pellegrini

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Istituto di Informatica e Telematica
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Pisa - Italy.

We invite  expressions of interest  for  Pre-doc  positions  in teh
generala reas of
Discrete Mathematics, Computer Science,Graph Theory, Design and Analysis of
Algorithms, to be held  at the
Istituto di Informatica e Telematica  of the Consiglio Nazionale delle
Ricerche  (CNR) of Italy
in the year 2005. Duration and Commencement of the fellowships are to be
determined by mutual agreement.

The  fellowship will be  funded within the European Research and Training
Network  COMBSTRU.
Details about the Network and about the Network's partners can be found at
http://dimatia.mff.cuni.cz/combstru/.

A brief sketch of the relevant conditions is as follows.

Level: Pre-doc (at least three years of Ph.D. studies).
Limitations: EU citizen or  of Associated States,  except Italians or
non-Italians  resident in Italy for more than 5 years.
Age: below 35.
Duration: to be agreed, indicatively from 2 months up to 6 months.
Commencement: to be agred, within the solar year 2005.
Gross salary: 1,500 Euro/month.
Deadline for sending the expressions of interests:  December 15, 2004.
General Themes: Discrete Mathematics and Computer Science. Graph Theory.
Design and Analysis of Algorithms.
Specific Themes: Computational Geometry, Computational Biology, Information
Retrieval, Computer Networks, Wireless networks.

Associated States of the European Union at the start of 5th Framework
Programme (2002) were:

     Cyprus (which requested EU membership in 1990),
     eleven countries of Central and Eastern Europe (Bulgaria, Czech
Republic, Estonia, Hungary,
     Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, all
of which submitted their
     requests for EU membership in the period 1994-1996), and, since the 1
of March 2001, Malta
     Moreover: Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Israel (whose association
is already in force).

An up to date list  of Associated Countries might be found at:
http://www.cordis.lu/fp5/enlargement/faq.htm.

Please send by post or email your CV, a letter of intents, and contact data
of a referee to:

Marco Pellegrini
IIT - CNR
Area della Ricerca.