uniform sampling of sphere/simplex intersection

aupetit michael.aupetit at cea.fr
Wed Oct 20 14:25:05 PDT 2004

Hello,

I look for a method to sample uniformly (in order to perform
an integration) the intersection region
between a k-ball and a k-simplex in the k euclidean space.

I already know a method to sample uniformly
a k-simplex or a k-ball, and I could use
the accept-reject approach to sample in their
intersection, but I need a more efficient way to do that
especially when the intersection volume is small.

Do you have some hints?
Do you know some paper adressing this problem?

Thank you

Michaël