Postdoc Positions in Computational Biology

Bruce Randall Donald brd at snow.cs.dartmouth.edu
Fri Jun 20 14:38:29 PDT 2003

                              DARTMOUTH
            POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS IN STRUCTURAL GENOMICS
                       COMPUTATIONAL GEOMETERS
                         COMPUTER SCIENTISTS
                         NMR SPECTROSCOPISTS

We are funded by the National Institutes of Health under the auspices
of the National Institute of General Medical Sciences Protein
Structure Initiative (http://www.nih.gov/nigms/funding/psi.html) to
develop novel computational methods to enable high-throughput
structural and functional studies of proteins.  A key focus is
structural genomics, whose goal is (in the broadest terms) to
determine the three-dimensional structures of all proteins in nature,
through a combination of direct experiments and theoretical
analysis. Proteins are the worker molecules in every living thing. By
determining the structures of proteins, we are better able to
understand how each protein functions normally and how faulty protein
structures can cause disease. Scientists can use the structures of
disease-related proteins to help develop new medicines and diagnostic
techniques.

 For a description of our research and papers, please visit:
   http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~brd/Research/Bio/

Computer scientists, computational geometers, and NMR spectroscopists
are encouraged to apply for postdoctoral research positions in our
lab.  Applicants with a Ph.D. or equivalent experience should submit a
C.V. and a brief statement of research accomplishments and interests
(not to exceed two pages), and arrange for three letters of
recommendation to be sent directly to the Principal Investigator,

    Professor Bruce R. Donald
    6211 Sudikoff Laboratory
    Department of Computer Science
    Dartmouth
    Hanover, NH 03755-3510
    email: brd at cs.dartmouth.edu

Dartmouth has proved an excellent environment for research in
Computational Biology and Chemistry, and we have a distinguished
record of job placement for Donald Lab alumni.  For more information
on our laboratory, and details of the application process, please
visit:

   http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~brd/Jobs/