polymake version 1.5
joswig at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Sep 17 16:32:44 PDT 2002
This is to announce that the new version 1.5 of polymake is available
at http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/polymake now.
* polymake is a framework for analyzing geometric and combinatorial
properties of convex polytopes. As a key feature polymake provides
interfaces to many other software packages dealing with polytopes.
This way very many algorithms and implementations are available
through a common user interface.
Selection of new features:
- polymake 1.5 comes with Komei Fukuda's cddlib (version 0.91) and
David Avis' lrslib (version 4.1). Together with polymake's new own
beneath_beyond client the current version offers three different
convex hull algorithms/codes.
- New fast algorithm for producing the Hasse diagram of the face
lattice of a polytope.
- Numerous new constructions and further improvements to the polymake
C++ template library.
- Arithmetic uses GMP 4.1 (also shipped with polymake).
- Precompiled binaries for Intel/Athlon based RedHat Linux 7.3, and
Sun Solaris 7/8.
Ewgenij Gawrilow & Michael Joswig
The compgeom mailing lists: see
or send mail to compgeom-request at research.bell-labs.com with the line:
Now archived at http://www.uiuc.edu/~sariel/CG/compgeom/maillist.html.
More information about the Compgeom-announce