kordervoronoi

Michel Tavernier michel_tavernier at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 12:32:05 PDT 2001

Hi sir,

My name is Michel 22years old and i am in my last
year engineer in Belgium.
I 'am making a thesis about computational geometry.
More precisely programming computaional geometry figures
in a java applet. I've already computed Delaunay triangulations,
convex hulls,Voronoi diagrams,(largest and smallest) empty circles,
constrained Delaunay triangulations and a few applications based
on computational geometry such as topographic charts...
The last thing I need is the higher order voronoi diagram. The
last few months I tried to compute an own creation of
an algorithm for the k-order voronoi (i made about 3500 java program
lines).It only works for a second order voronoi in a very small amount
of cases and it is very slow (it takes 4 minutes to do it for only 5
points).
So I'm not a good inventor of algorithms but I needed to do it
this way because nowhere in Belgium(highschool and university included)
or on the internet I could find a book or a text describing a method
for higher order Voronoi.
It's also difficult to order a book such as international comp. geom.
journal because i have no much time left and I can't afford it
(I already spent about 250 dollars on books)
My teacher suggested me to mail you.
So you are my last hope,please can you help me.
If you can mail me an article with an easy algorithm or in
the best case java-code of the higher order Voronoi I would
be very very grateful to you.
Thank you!

Greetings Michel.