minimum bounding box for a convex polygon

Dickinson, John John.Dickinson at nrc.ca
Thu Nov 16 15:29:17 PST 2000

If you want an axis-orientated bounding box that will work and is very easy
to do.  If not then search for orientated bounding box algorithms on the
net.  S.  Gottschalk implemented a 3D orientated bounding box algorithm see
the following paper. and his site: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~geom/OBB/OBBT.html

OBB-Tree: A Hierarchical Structure for Rapid Interference Detection , S.
Gottschalk, M. C. Lin and D. Manocha (27 pages PostScript, ) 493K, Technical
report TR96-013, Department of Computer Science, University of N. Carolina,
Chapel Hill. Proc. of ACM Siggraph'96.

John